Ph. D. – Pedodontics
Annual Intake - 5
The program is designed to build advanced knowledge and skill sets in scholars who aspire to become clinician-scientists to advance our understanding of Pediatric Dentistry. The program is run under the guidance of Dr.Shashikiran N.D, Dean, Professor and Head, Department of Paedodontics and preventive dentistry. He completed his BDS and MDS (Paedodontics) from Bapuji Dental College Davangere, Karnataka. He has 27 years of teaching experience and teaches both undergraduate and post graduate students. He is a PhD guide at KIMSDU. He has many international and national research publications. He has a particular interest in research and has been conducting many research projects at the institution and has guided a lot of students in conducting research projects and develops research aptitude to improve the overall understanding of the subject.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Provided that the relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/VJ-NT (Non- creamy layer)/OBC (Non- creamy layer)/differently – Abled and other category of candidates as per the decision of the UGC.
- All the candidates for Ph.D. programme shall be selected on the basis of an All Indian Ph.D. CET (AIPHDCET) and an Interview process administrated by the University.
- An Interview/Viva=voce shall be organized for those who have qualified in the All India Ph. D. CET.
- In the interview the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee.
- The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects
- The competence for the propose research.
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the institute.
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- The candidate register to Ph.D. Programme on the basis of the academic records, the performance of the candidate in the All India Ph. D. CET, and interview.
Duration - 3 Years
Annual Fee - 40000/-