Dermatology, Venerology, Leprosy
About Department Of Dermatology, Venerology, Leprosy
In 1984, Department of Dermatology was established with Undergraduates.
- Post graduation course started in 2010 with 1 PG per year.
- Since June 2020 we have 3 Post graduate as new admissions.
- Regular lectures and clinics are conducted for Undergraduates.
- PG activity like seminars Journal club, Symposiums are taken regularly along with Histopathology clinics.
- Since last 3 years we have started Sclerotherapy and special treatments like boifillers PRF, IPR, dermoscopy studies which are done regularly.
- We have conducted 4 CME with workshops till date.
- We conducted free medical examination skin camps in rural area called Munde.
- We are conducting programs for students coming from the United States on tropical medicine.
- To create and develop scientific knowledge of dermatology, venereology and leprosy through exemplary patient care and excellence in education and research at the provincial, national, and international levels.
- The aim of teaching is to impart such knowledge and skill that may enable students to diagnose and treat common ailments and to refer rare disease or complications and unusual manifestations of common diseases to the specialist
- To demonstrate sound knowledge of common diseases, their clinical manifestations including emergent situations and of investigation procedures to confirm their diagnosis
- To provide outstanding medical and aesthetic dermatology care to people of all ages
- To create a team of highly-trained, dedicated health care professionals that work together to provide consistent care to the patient
- To care with humane concern, high ethical values, and the utmost attention to the individual patient's needs
- Ultimate goal is to achieve a relationship with our patients and clients that are endowed with mutual trust and respect
- To elevate the standards of structural and basic knowledge of dermatology
- To provide meaningful guidelines to students
- To help increase the motivation and educational efficiency of students and faculty
- To promote research and encourage the publication by faculty members
- To adopt new teaching technology like:
- Student centered teaching, Small group interactive learning, Problem based learning
- Correlation of histopathology,dermoscopy and clinical morphology
- Interpretation of the dermatological basis of symptoms and signs of clinical conditions and diagnostic procedures
- Making PG teaching program on power point presentation
|3||Liquid nitrogen cyro|
|5||PUVA Chamber (total body)|
|7||Laser for hair reduction|
|8||Laser for scar revision|
|15||incubator & Centrifuge|
Teaching Learning Method
- Problem based learning
- End exams for PG’s
- Bed Side Teaching
- Communication Skills
- OSCE Tests
- Online webinars
- Power Point Presentation
- Journal Club
- Seminars and Webinars
- Case Presentation
Dr. Mrs. Varsha P. Jamale
Dr. Balkrishna P. Nikam
Dr. Asma Arif Hussain
Dr. Gouri Bhale
Dr. Harshal Trimbake
Dr. Snehal Shivaji Shelke
Dr. Mansi Milind Bhatt
Events, Webinar, Workshop, Conference
IPR (Intellectual Property Rights)
|Sr. No||Title of Patent||Name of Faculty||Application No.||Date|
|Sr. No||Title of the paper||Name of the Author/s||Name of the Journal||Month of Publication|
|Sr. No||Name of faculty / student||No and date||Title of Copyright|